About the college
JSS College of Physiotherapy was established in 1999 by the JSS Mahavidyapeetha. It is the only college in Mysore offering Bachelors (B.P.T) & Masters Programme (M.P.T) in Physiotherapy.
- Courses offered:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is a 4 ½ yrs course which includes 6 months internship.
- Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) is a 2 yrs course.
- A candidate should have passed Pre-University Examination (PUC of 2 years / 10+2) or equivalent as recognized by RGUHS with science subjects’ viz., Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 45% of the total marks in science subjects for General Category (40% marks in case of SC/ST).
- Age: The Candidate must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- A candidate should have passed B.P.T or equivalent as recognized by RGUHS, Bangalore with minimum 50% of marks in the qualifying examination.
- A well equipped library with latest books and journals and is one of the best libraries among Physiotherapy colleges.
- A digital library is set up for accessing the Net & e-journals available on the helinet.
- Excellent laboratory facilities
- Wide variety of cases & clinical exposure during training for the students at parent hospital viz., JSS Hospital, Mysore with 1100 beds.
- The Physiotherapy department treats over 120 patients a day both on OPD basis & as In-Patients.
- The Physiotherapy department is well equipped with the latest physiotherapy equipments like LASER, EMG, Dual-Frequency Ultrasound, Multi-Gym, etc.
Admission is on Merit & First come First serve basis.
Admission Commences : For B.P.T 15th May, and for M.P.T 2nd week of April
Last date for admission : For B.P.T 15th September, and for M.P.T 15th June
|How to apply?
- Download, Print & fill Application Form.
- Draw a DD of Rs 300/- in favour of 'The Principal, JSS College of Physiotherapy, Mysore'
payable at Mysore.
- Send Application along with the DD and related documents to:
The Principal, JSS College of Physiotherapy, JSS Hospital, Ramanuja Road, Mysore- 570004.
Documents to be furnished
- SSLC marks card & T.C for age proof,
- Second PU or 12th Std equvivalent marks card,
- Physical fitness certificate,
- Migration certificate for non-karnataka students
|Course contact person
JSS College of Physiotherapy,
JSS Hospital, Ramanuja Road, Mysore- 570004,
Cell: 96866 77220
|Tell a Friend