JSS Ayurveda Medical College, Mysore
J.S.S. Ayurveda Medical College, Mysore, was established in the year 1996-97 to produce efficient Ayurvedic physicians/researcher/academicians. The college offers Bachelor and Post graduate courses in Ayurveda. It is sincerely striving to become a center for excellence in Ayurveda Education and Research, with a mission of providing quality health care to the population.
I. BAMS (Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery-Ayurvedacharya)
- Duration: 4 ½ years with 1 year compulsory internship
- Intake per year: 100
- Admission starts soon after the announcement of the P.U.C. results.
- Admission closes on 30th August.
- Students must have passed II PUC examination or equivalent examinations from respective state examination boards
- Candidate should complete 17 years of age as on 31st December in the year of Admission
- Fees as fixed by Government and Management from time to time
- The student should have secured 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, under general merit.
- However under SC/ST, category I, IA, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, the students should have scored 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, This is applicable to the residents of Karnataka only.
II. M.D. (Doctor of Medicine-Ayurveda Vachaspathi) - Post-graduation in
- Students other than Karnataka state: Students of other states other than Karnataka should submit eligibility certificate from Registrar, RGUHS, Bangalore at the time of admission.
- International students: An international student seeking admission shall enclose the following certificates along with application
- An Eligibility certificate obtained from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, In this regard the student may contact the Registrar, RGUHS, Bangalore.
- A photocopy of 'Student Visa'.
- A Clearance certificate obtained from Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
- In this regard the students should contact the Principal, JSS A.M.C., Mysore, for further details.
- Duration: 3 years
- Intake per year: 04
- Admission starts in May
- Admission closes on 15th June
- A candidate who has passed B.A.M.S degree examination from Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences or B.A.M.S examination from any university recognized by Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi, India
- Students of other states other than Karnataka should submit eligibility certificate from Registrar, RGUHS, Bangalore, at the time of admission.
Admission Terms: Admission is on Merit & First come First serve basis.
- The institution has synchronous laboratories and replenishes adequate facilities for carrying out subject specific educational training in Ashtanga Ayurveda.
- Library equipped with adequate number of volumes covering various branches of Ayurveda as well as contemporary science, along with good number of journals is able to quench the thirst of knowledge.
- Dhanvantari Mulikavana (Herb garden):
- Garden consisting more than 500 species in multiples, which fulfills the need of fresh plant material to hospital.
- A mini Herb garden is, also developed for demonstration purpose that enables the students to identify the plants used in Ayurveda more aptly.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Dissection Theatre with adequate facility and museum with models and preserved organs Laboratory for hematology and bedside training for determination of Prakruti, sara and samhanana etc.
- Identification of dry and fresh plant materials
- Clinical pharmacology for single herb therapy (Ekamoolika Prayoga)
- Preliminary phyto-chemical analysis
- Rasashastra and Bhaishajya kalpana
- Identification of minerals and metals
- Purificatory procedures and
- preparation of herbo-mineral formulations
- Bhaishajyakalpana: Facilities for-Purificatory procedures for herbs
- Preparation of herbal formulations
- Different formulations and dosage forms like asava, arishta, lehya, Kshara, gutika etc.
- Swasthavritta: Yoga and naturopathy
- Student will be trained in Yogabhyasa
- Health counseling in preventive and social medicine